Born at 9:28pm on November 4th after 11 hours of labor and 1 hour of pushing.
She weighed 8 Ibs 8 Oz and was 20.5 inches long.
A lot of people have been asking about why Sadie was in the NICU so I thought I would just tell our whole story on here. So, here goes...On the 26th of October I had a "false alarm" where I thought my water had broken. We went over to the hospital thinking we would be having a baby only to be sent home 3 hours later. They were unable to get anymore fluid out to test. They tried a lot of different things from swabbing me, checking my pad and having me walk the halls for and hour. They even pushed on her head but still nothing came out. They tried everything so I trusted them when they said it was just a pocket of bath water. Labor didn't start either so I figured they were right. The next few days were fine but by Wednesday I started leaking some fluid. My pants would be wet but I had a doctors appointment on Friday so I decided to wait until then to see if anything was wrong. I mentioned it but she didn't seem concerned. I was at 3 cm and 100% effaced so the doctor stripped my membranes and sent me on my way. On Saturday (Halloween) I went up to the Howl and watched some of the shows with Ben (he was working at the Howl). While I was there I started feeling really sick so I went home to rest. When Ben got home at 3:30am I got up to use the bathroom and I was soaked. So I called over to the hospital to see what I should do. They told me to just come get checked. We got there at 4am the nurse came in and checked me and told me I was 2cm and only 70% effaced. So right away I knew she was an idiot. I should have asked for another nurse but I didn't want to be rude. When she checked the fluid she barely even swabbed me. After that one little attempt she said it wasn't amniotic fluid and said that I could go. Monday at the gym the fluid started turning bloody and just got worse and worse until Wednesday morning I couldn't handle it anymore. I was feeling really sick and I knew something had to be wrong. I was up all night the night before waiting till 8am for my doctors office to open. I called right at 8 and they just told me to go over to the hospital. They decided to keep me because it was only a day before my due date. Throughout labor the babies heart wasn't doing very good her pulse was up in the 200's and they started to talk about doing a C-section. Ben and I said a prayer together and the minute we said amen her pulse dropped down to 160. I love the power of prayer! It was an amazing experience for us. Then I developed a really high fever and they started me on antibiotics. The doctor said that my water had been broken for at least 4 or 5 days and that it was most likely a high tear. When Sadie was born I tried to breast feed but she would get close to me and start freaking out. When we got to mother and baby one of the nurses commented that her color wasn't very good so they took her to the NICU. They said that since the amniotic sac had been broken for so long she most likely got an infection. It got into her blood and lungs so she couldn't breath very well. Thats why she was freaking out. They kept her in the NICU for seven days so that she could go through a round of antibiotics and have her breathing monitored. I guess the pathologist that looked at the placenta called my babies doctor and was like "Is this baby ok?" because the infection was so advanced. He was really worried about her. So thats it. Sadie finished her 7 days of antibiotics on Wednesday and was able to come home. We still don't know how long she'll have to be on Oxygen for but at least she's here! We feel really lucky that it wasn't any worse and we love her more than anything.

8 comments:
Oh Camie I cried reading this because i know how crazy you can feel! That was a roller coaster for you, Im sorry, but I am so happy you guys are doing better. I bet you are so exhausted, good luck!
Thanks Bonnie! I love your pictures of Olivia by the way. So cute. I still need to give you your scrubs back. Let me know when a good time is.
So glad she's home with you now. Can't wait to see more pics - she's beautiful!
she is beautiful, I can't believe you water had been broken for so long, Im glad you guys are doing ok now! I can't wait to meet her. Post more pics! :)
im so glad everythings ok!!!! i cant wait to see her!
oh my goodness camie, how scary!! i'm glad that everything worked out and little sadie is home and doing well. good luck with everythine!
Hey congratulations you guys! I found your blog through Camilla's links. I went to Ben's mission (GANM) and he was my district leader for a while.
She's beautiful - glad to hear that she is home!
Aunt Sue
Post a Comment