Saturday, November 21, 2009

Sadie's two week appointment


This is just a little update on what's going on with Sadie. We had her two week appointment on Friday. I can't believe she's already two weeks! She's changing so much already which is fun but at the same time really scary. I just want her to stay little forever :( She was in the 70% for her weight and 75% for her height. Hopefully she keeps up with the height thing. Maybe she wont be a small person like her parents. One can only hope! Her lungs are still pretty week. The doctor finally explained it in a way that we would understand, basically since her body was putting so much effort into fighting off the infection the lungs and heart didn't develop how they were supposed to. So now we just have to work on getting her off of it slowly. Yesterday she did 8 hours before she crashed. Its pretty good considering the day before she only did 2. Looks wise she looks just like her Dad. Also there are a lot of similarities between her and her cousin Coltin. Especially when her eyes go all wide. I can't wait for them to meet! She has her nights and days mixed up but its OK because she's just a really good baby all around. She doesn't really cry unless she's really hungry. She smiles all the time and I know its not just gas because a lot of the time its in response to us talking to her. We finally figured out the whole breastfeeding thing which I'm so grateful for. That was one of the most frustrating things I've ever had to learn. For something so natural it sure takes a lot of work. In a way her being in the NICU was sort of good for me because I had a ton of help figuring out how to be a Mom.

3 comments:

Shelly said...

I am glad things are doing better. She is such a cutie. I can see you in her too. We need to get together one day when we are both bored and our babies can meet.

Bethany said...

Colton can't wait to meet her either! And Colton was in the 75% for weight and 78% for height at his 4 month appointment. Maybe she won't be able to beat him up after all!

Landon and Jen said...

she's sooo cute! i think she looks a lot like ben but they change a lot who knows. I'm sorry you're having all that trouble im sure thats so hard!