
This week I'm getting a little taste of what my life is going to be for now on.
I am an Army wife and there's no going back.
Not that I would want to, I love my life.
I love my husband and there's nothing I would rather be than his wife.
Still it can be hard sometimes.
My husband is in the field for 5 days.
Which means I don't get to see him for 5 days.
A piece of me is missing for 5 days.
It's getting me ready for the year that I will be with out that piece of me.
I dread it.
You never realize how much of your life is intertwined with your husband until he's gone.
I forget to eat because I don't have him to cook for.
I forget to clean because I don't have him to pick up after.
My whole schedule is set to accommodate him.
Is that bad?
I secretly hate the Army.
I hate that we have to hang around until the 12th to find out if we will be going to Utah or North Carolina.
I hate that my husband was passed up for a spot in EOKA when he clearly deserved it and earned it.
I hate that I have no idea when he will be deployed.
I hate not knowing! There is nothing more frustrating than that.
But in a big way I'm thankful for the Army.
I'm thankful for the job security.
I'm thankful for the other Army wives that are all going through the same thing as me.
I'm thankful that I get to live in so many different places.
Mostly though, I'm thankful that my husband gets to do what he loves.
I am an Army wife and there's no going back.
Not that I would want to, I love my life.
I love my husband and there's nothing I would rather be than his wife.
Still it can be hard sometimes.
My husband is in the field for 5 days.
Which means I don't get to see him for 5 days.
A piece of me is missing for 5 days.
It's getting me ready for the year that I will be with out that piece of me.
I dread it.
You never realize how much of your life is intertwined with your husband until he's gone.
I forget to eat because I don't have him to cook for.
I forget to clean because I don't have him to pick up after.
My whole schedule is set to accommodate him.
Is that bad?
I secretly hate the Army.
I hate that we have to hang around until the 12th to find out if we will be going to Utah or North Carolina.
I hate that my husband was passed up for a spot in EOKA when he clearly deserved it and earned it.
I hate that I have no idea when he will be deployed.
I hate not knowing! There is nothing more frustrating than that.
But in a big way I'm thankful for the Army.
I'm thankful for the job security.
I'm thankful for the other Army wives that are all going through the same thing as me.
I'm thankful that I get to live in so many different places.
Mostly though, I'm thankful that my husband gets to do what he loves.
No comments:
Post a Comment