
Day 1 was actually spent driving and relaxing, so we wont count it. But I will say that it was a pretty good drive despite my back aching the whole time. I thought driving with a baby and a dog was going to be terrible. We had to stop a lot but I was ok with that because I usually had to "go" too. Traffic wasn't bad and it only rained a little so overall it was a very nice drive.
So the real Day 1 we decided to go to the Arlington Cemetery. We got there early so naturally it was FREEZING! I didn't care though. I've wanted to see the Cemetery for a long time. I heard it was big but I was blown away by how many gravestones are there. They stretch as far as you can see!
Poor Sadie was not a happy girl. It was just way too cold for her. She did like seeing the airplanes though. (Middle picture) When we went to the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier she was being way too loud so Ben had to walk her around. I feel bad he missed the changing of the guard but I really couldn't see too much of it either so I guess it's ok. We went to the house of Robert E. Lee which really wasn't that great but the view from the house was AMAZING! (Bottom picture) You could see all of the monuments. I loved it.
After we dropped Sadie off for a nap Ben and I went for lunch at Five Guys (Best food EVER) and then went to the Holocaust Museum. (Top Picture) The Museum is huge and hard to describe. I got emotional a few times. The things that happened are just so hard to even comprehend. I don't understand how people can be so cruel.
No comments:
Post a Comment