Wow it's been crazy.
You know that pain I've been having since FOREVER?
Well Thursday it went from pain to AGONY in the form of a 3 day long migraine.
Ben is at a training in California until Wednesday so I'm dealing with this on my own.
NOT FUN.
Sadie had her first piano recital yesterday. It was beautiful. I was supposed to play too but with the pain going on I couldn't manage it. We're talking pain so bad you can't even hold still. And this is AFTER taking Vicodin. I had to rock with my head pushed into the ground and I got light headed and almost passed out several times.
It's not acceptable to be in this pain with kids. I can't drive them anywhere for fear of wrecking the car.
At the recital everyone knew I was struggling so some of my church friends gave me a blessing. Then later that night I decided to go to the ER. Sister Hansen (my visiting teacher) drove me and Teri Crow came and slept on the couch. At the ER they gave my a migraine cocktail that knocked it out! It was so nice to have relief. They gave me a CT scan with contrast which didn't show anything. It felt really cool though. They put some stuff in your IV line that instantly warms up your whole body. It felt like I peed my pants. The waiting for results was the hardest part. The bed was really uncomfortable and I was freezing cold. I still managed to fall asleep though. I felt so bad for sister Hansen! We were there until 2:30am. I don't know what I would do with out the church in the Army. It's a life saver.
Today the pain is back so now I need a consult with neurology. Hopefully I can get it figured out. People suffering from chronic pain are my hero's. It's definitely hard to feel hope or happiness when the hurting never goes away. I hope this experience will help me be more understanding.
No comments:
Post a Comment