Sunday, August 1, 2010

My July

Ok so I have been working on this post forever. Well just since July. But I lost the little paper that I had written down everything on so there's a lot of stuff missing. That's why some days have more written then others and most days are left out. All I had to go on were pictures. So if you got left out or if I wrote something wrong I'm VERY sorry.


  • The 1st was Ben's EBOLC graduation. It was sad saying 'goodbye' to our friends that moved away that day.

  • The 2nd Ben got up at 4am to try and walk onto SAPPER school and he got it! We didn't think that it was very likely that he would actually get on so we really didn't get to say goodbye. He was just gone when I woke up.
    Luckily he got to come home for an hour for lunch or else I would have been very upset! That day I spent the morning cleaning and getting ready to leave for Nebraska. At 4pm I left and I made it there by midnight. Road trips with a baby are very difficult but we made it in one piece. My Sister In-law Cortney and her husband Tracy got in that night also. It was their first time meeting Sadie so we all stayed up until about 3 in the morning talking and watching her bump her head on everything.

  • The next day was the 3rd. Grandma M and Uncle Chuck came all the way from Kansas to see us. I had never met either of them before so that was really nice. Unfortunately I was dead tired from the night before so Sadie and I both crashed while they were there. When we woke up they said they were leaving. I was so sad that I missed spending that time with them! I didn't know that they were leaving so soon or I would have forced myself to stay awake. We did fireworks as a family that night. Sadie didn't know what to think at first but quickly got used to them.

  • Sunday the 4th. Went to church but ended up out in the hall for most of it. Sadie has a musical frog that just happened to go off in the middle of sacrament which was way embarrassing. When I tried to make it quiet it just switched songs so I had to run out with the whole car seat. . whatever. Later we went to a neighborhood BBQ where they had some pretty awesome fireworks. The "Bag of Death" was my personal favorite. If you've never had a Nebraskan 4th of July then you've never "really" experienced the 4th of July. Those people can par-tay! I looked out over the town and it was like every culdesac had its own professional firework show. IT. WAS. AWESOME. I mean these people must have spent thousands of dollars on fireworks. On the 4th of July when I watch the fireworks I like to think of all the wars that were fought to protect our freedom. It wasn't hard to get a visual this 4th of July because the whole town looked like it was on fire. Could you imagine if a war was brought to our country?? It makes me so grateful for what my husband and all the other military men/women do for us.


  • Tuesday the 6th. Cortney and Tracy left this morning. It was sad to see them go. In a perfect world we could be surrounded by both of our families but unfortunately that is never going to happen. Not until we get to Heaven of course! I get to spend Eternity will some pretty amazing people. In the mean time we have a family reunion coming up in a month that I'm SO looking forward to. After a teary goodbye to Cortney and Tracy Barbara and I packed up the baby and headed to the zoo. I will never get tired of going to the Omaha Zoo. It's seriously the best! I love it. We had a pretty good time even though it was really hot that day.

  • Wednesday the 7th. Got up REALLY early to get ready for the flight. The first flight connected in Vegas so it was about 2 1/2 hours long. Luckily the lady next to me had a lot of shiny jewelry on. Sadie was in her arms before we even took off. I kept trying to take her back but she wouldn't let me have her! I considered the possibility that they might try to keep my little bug. That was until Sadie had a major huge poop about 1/2 hour before we landed and the nice lady quickly handed the little stinker back to me. The second part of the flight was only about 45 minutes and Sadie slept the whole way. I didn't even recognize my parents. They both had lost so much weight! Later that night some of my friends with babies Sadie's age came over. We just hung out and talked and let the babes play. Anytime we line them up in a row for a picture someone is bound to cry. I think Lincoln was the only one who didn't cry. They are all such cute babies I love seeing them grow together!

  • Friday the 9th. Mare and I met at the pool for some swim time. Wes and Sadie are so cute! Look at all those rolls!!

  • Sunday the 11th. In the morning we went to my cousin Mason's mission farewell. I ended up in the hall (as usual) if you ever want an excuse to get out of church have a baby. Later we went to Grandma Scott's for some pizza. I love going to Grandma Scott's house. It's one of my top 10 favorite places to visit. This particular visit was even more fun because Justin, Bethany, and Coltin were in town. Sadie and Coltin had never met so I was excited to get them together. The picture above pretty much sums up the whole night. They took turns making each other cry. I still loved it! I love all of my cousins so much so its important to me that Sadie gets to know her cousins.


  • Mel, Ali, and Max came over for some pizza and hanging out. I was lucky this trip to be able to do a photo shoot of Mel's new little baby. It was a blast!


  • Sadie's first bath with a friend! I'm pretty sure she loved it.



  • Sadie wrestling with Braxton at Mandy's baby shower.


  • Sadie and Wes sharing a stroller at the river parkway. This didn't last long but it was pretty much the cutest thing ever. Sadie took Wes's binky (which was clipped to him) and sucked on it (which she has never done, she's a thumb sucker). Wes just stared at her (much like the picture). I couldn't stop giggling because of the cuteness of it. It was really hot that day so we plopped the kids down in the river and gave them rocks to chew on. On the way home we got SLURPEE'S!! Nothing is more refreshing than an ice cold Slurpee, yum.

  • Sadie and Nash at Target. They are really cute together. We went to lunch and they were peeking around our cups at each other. The day was a good/really really bad day. First it was good because I got to see Calli and Nash but that was when the trouble started. It was just one of those days where nothing went right. First I went to the spot where the restaurant USED to be located. Luckily the new location was just across the street. When I ordered all I wanted was a 1/2 sandwich but the guy charged me like 6$ when it should have only been 2$ and I didn't notice until my card had been charged already. So he gave me a drink, chips, and a dessert all of which my fat body neither needed nor wanted. Remember that drink that I got that I didn't want? Well Sadie distracted me by throwing a toy on the ground and then pulled that HUGE drink down on herself. I was unprepared because I didn't have another outfit for her. The poor thing was drenched in sticky pink lemonade. So we decided we would go to TJ Maxx and buy her a new outfit. While there she had a massive blow out. Which I've gotten used to and could have handled except for the fact that TJ Maxx didn't have a changing table. I had to put my wiggling baby in the little space between 2 sinks while people were trying to wash their hands and my baby was doing her best to crawl away. Luckily Calli came in and saved me by distracting her. By the end of that experience I was way too flustered to buy anything so Sadie had to stay sticky the rest of the day. After TJ Maxx we went to Target which was actually really fun.

  • Sadie & Sadie (you know I had to get a picture of that!) I hadn't seen my friend Sadie FOREVER. I'm so happy we were able to get together.

  • The 24th of July. I met up with the Terry Larsen crew at the Ogden parade. Which was sort of lame, When did they stop throwing candy? But also fun because its always fun to be around that family. Afterward I was able to do a photo shoot of the beautiful Leighla. It turned out awesome.

  • Went to the aquarium with the family for Stephs b-day. I love the aquarium. Aquatic animals both amaze/frighten me. The Octopus was quite disgusting looking.

  • Daddy's home!!! We went over to the PX to meet up with Ben. While I was watching the entrance he snuck in from the side and surprised me. I didn't even recognize him at first. He had lost so much weight. I love him so much! It was so good to see him and I'm so proud at what he accomplished at Sapper school. He was one of the top 5 people and only about 12 people out of a class of 40 even graduated. My husband is a BEAST!

No comments: