Tyson turned 2 months old on the 9th! We celebrated by going to the doctors and getting shots. Yay! I was dreading it because both kids at the doctors seemed like it would be a nightmare. Sadie hadn't had a nap (she refused) and Tyson hadn't eaten for a while. I was prepared for the worst. I think I've gotten the hang of taking care of both of them here at home. But taking them out in public is another story! I guess I'm getting better at it. It still takes me an hour to get out the door but we didn't have any major problems at the clinic. I tried not to make eye contact with all the people staring at me in the waiting room. Sadie was running around like crazy but at least she wasn't crying! After we went over to Tutti Melon (best treat EVER!) and shared a frozen yogurt. It was fun to have that time together. Plus Tutti Melon is heavenly so it was a good day. Tyson is in the 83 percentile for weight and the 60th for height. He weighed 12 lbs 11 oz and was 22 3/4 inches long. Here are some things about our little Ty Ty:
*His best friend is the ceiling fan. It makes a great baby sitter! Just lay him underneath and he'll coo and laugh at it for hours.
*He is SUPER happy. He smiles at me all day long. I LOVE it!
*He still smells like sulfur for some reason. I can't figure it out.
*He is getting better at getting his thumb in his mouth. It's still pretty funny watching him try because he usually ends up punching himself in the face instead. It's just a lot slower and more controlled.
*He was nicknamed by the gym ladies "butterball" we call him "butters"
*He started rolling over this past month
*His sister likes to poke him and say "boop boop boop"
*He still loves the bath. He recently started splashing.
*He is sleeping 7-8 hours a night
*He likes to squeeze my finger while I feed him
*He can hold his head up!
We love our little Ty Ty so much! Happy 2 month birthday Tyson!
While I'm at it I might as well update you on our little Sadie bug:
She is so fun! She's like our own personal tornado. She can destroy a clean house within a half hour. Honestly! I've seen it happen. If she's in one of her moods it only takes her a few minutes. I think she gets that skill from her Daddy :)
*She talks a lot! She can speak in whole sentences, recognize her letters, sing songs, repeat EVERYTHING she hears (I said "Oh Crap!" the other day not realizing she was there and then I hear her cute little voice echo back "Oh Crap. Oh crap. Oh crap...)
*She says and does things at times that I've never said to her or taught her then I realize its usually stuff she's picked up from other kids or TV. For example, we were at Walmart the other day and we were walking past the Angry Birds display. A boy near us got all excited and was like "Look Mom! Angry Birds!" Later while we were in line there were some stuffed Angry Birds toys and I heard her say "Mom! Angry Birds!" So I let her hold one and she shoved it into Ty's face and said, "Angry Birds Ty! Cheep Cheep TY! Cheep Cheep!" She's like a little sponge.
*She's getting pretty good at recognizing her colors and counting. I amazed at how smart she is!
*She is the worlds biggest klutz.
*She loves to give kisses
*She is half way potty trained. Some days she'll use the potty all day and others she wants nothing to do with it. Oh well!
We love you Bug!
No comments:
Post a Comment